Wednesday 16 February 2011

Leaving Cape Town for Franschhoek

After 3 nights in Cape Town, we're today heading inland towards Franschhoek in the Winelands. Yesterday we had a great day out at Cape Point, saw the Atlantic meet the Indian ocean and had a picnic on the boulders overlooking it all. Pics to come later today. Silly me managed to get burnt but at least my red nose matches my red forehead and shoulders. Bridget is the sensible one of us, and has been applying spf 30.

Photos of the past few fun days will be posted this evening. Highlight for me so far was the dinner at Joannes, finally meeting people you've conversed with online for ages is fun. And I think I can safely say that a highlight for Bridge was the penguins on Boulders Beach. I think she may have been one in a former life, but they were cute.

Over and out from 4 on Varneys in Green Point. Highly recommended by us.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. Wow what wonderful pics - it all looks and sounds absolutely beautiful - so how did you know where the Atlantic and Indian oceans met then? Was there a signpost saying X marks the spot? Only kidding - enjoy every moment both of you, give our love to the Winelands and don't get too drunk - as if!! Lots of love from Mum and Rod XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete